Sunday 29 October 2017

Cindy Dyson


VJ's, 30" x 36" acrylic

"I am greatly influenced by the European Impressionists.Their sensitive offerings physically and emotionally connect me to their 19th century world. My application of paint does not result in realistic representation. Rather, I am satisfied with a rough familiarity and mood of subject.My goal is to present an intriguing balance of roughness and tenderness; boldness and vulnerability, representation and expression."


Lunch On Broadway, 48" x 42" acrylic SOLD



Cindy applies acrylic paints to canvas using palette knives, fingers, spray bottles and found objects. Her work plays with the flexibility of the paint, from a thin wash to heavy broad swaths of colour.


Seine River 48" x 42" acrylic. SOLD

Cindy is a Canadian artist born in Winnipeg. She graduated from the University of Manitoba with her Bachelor of Fine Arts, majoring in painting in 2009. She continues to live in her birth city.