Tuesday 8 April 2014

Spotlight on...Joanne Harris

Joanne Harris has been with Pulse Gallery for a number of years, and she continues to delight us with her breathtaking contemporary watercolors of our natural landscape.  We have taken the liberty of quoting some of Joanne's autobiographical notes on her website to highlight her generosity of spirit, and passion for her work.
My love of painting goes back as far as I can remember. I chose to stay at home with my children but once they began to attend school I quickly signed up for watercolor classes given by a local artist. I will always be grateful for the inspiration and mentoring provided to me by this first teacher. Since those early days of painting I have continued my art education attending classes and workshops presented by great national teachers. I have for the past 10 years painted watercolors full time out of my home studio.
Joanne on her home territory

My home is situated in a woodland setting just west of the city of Winnipeg . There is an abundance of natural beauty just outside my windows that allows me breathing space and inspiration for my mostly landscape and floral paintings.

I have always felt a close connection to the prairies living here all my life. My husband and I enjoy traveling the province taking photos of the ever changing beauty that lies in wait for that next painting. I have taught watercolor classes for over 12 years. I currently teach workshops and am available to art clubs and groups.


My work can be found in the collections of several Manitoba Credit Unions, the Winnipeg Foundation, and in many other private offices and homes. My watercolors have traveled around the world carried by tourists who purchase my work from Pulse Gallery at the Forks in Winnipeg where it can be viewed.